10 November 2006

Chocolate Is Good For You

Now, usually I am not really in a position to consume the massive quantities of chocolate that I handle each week. Eating behind the bar is completely forbidden, and the only time desserts are free for employees is when they are either 1. broken or 2. a mistake. So, my chocolate consumption is basically limited to drinks that I make when no one is paying attention to me. Tonight, though, I got to try three of the big sellers, due to some training session I didn't particularly understand, and DAMN do we make fine desserts. I was taking my dinner break at the time, and any attention I might have paid to my chicken sandwich was given over to bites of a hazelnut praline and chocolate crepe, a "Munchies" waffle (sweet waffles with whipped cream, toasted hazelnuts, ice cream, and chocolate coated wheat balls), and "Mess" (chocolate sponge cake, chocolate ganosh, ice cream, whipped cream, milk chocolate chunks and sprinkles). I realized what a blessing it is that we don't have access to these desserts on a regular basis, because our staff is shockingly attractive and fit across the board, and I'm certain this wouldn't stay the case for long if it weren't for strict consumption rules.

In a few weeks, before they open the new store, they're having an open house for employees at which we can order anything we want, and nurse it for hours, if we so desire. I've hatched a plan with one of my favorite co-workers to first get extremely intoxicated pre-soiree, then to order one Banana Mess and one Strawberry Mess (enough to feed 8-12 people), stay for as many hours as it takes to eat every last bite, and find someone who will care for us during the food coma that will follow.

I'm thinking of fasting in preparation.

No comments: