02 September 2007

Time Warp

Friday Afternoon, 2:00 PM. Used my lunch break to walk across the river to deposit the artistic director's check in the bank (he's in Cambridge. . .I still haven't even met him). Lunch from Surdyk's (not just for booze, who knew): smoked beet salad with sesame seeds and ginger, tuna melt on focaccia. The perks of payday.

Friday Afternoon, 2:45 PM. Walking back across the Hennepin Bridge, goodies in hand, thinking about where Eric and I will have drinks after I get off work. Also concerned with the way my skirt keeps slipping clockwise around my body.

I look up just in time to see Vince Vaughn as I'm about to walk right past him. He's on his cellphone, surrounded by a couple of cronies, looking unusually tall. I smile and nod my head.

Wait.

What the CRAP is Vince Vaughn doing walking across the World's Shortest Suspension Bridge at 2:45 on a Friday afternoon? I moved out of New York, right? Sheesh.

No comments: