21 October 2009

I am:

1. Homesick.

2. Full of delicious spicy cashew chicken with red and green pepper, onion, garlic.

3. Thinking that eating delicious food could possibly be the only way to get past being unbearably homesick.

4. Worried my kids will all fail their monthly tests tomorrow and Friday.

5. Looking forward to seeing some art projects on Saturday afternoon.

6. Wishing there was a cafe in my neighborhood where I could read books and drink coffee late at night. Doing that at home is just not the same. Especially when you have nothing but overhead florescents and folding chairs.

7. Devouring Her Fearful Symmetry at a perhaps dangerous rate.

8. Sad that I've already read 8 1/2 out of 9 of the Murakami books they have at the English language bookstore.

9. Overwhelmed by the list of things I should do to make myself feel less crazy, less burdened, less lonely, more productive, more clearheaded.

10. Proud of Samuel and Minnie for making Honor Roll.

11. Proud of my mama for learning how to email. Yay, Mama!

12. Homesick.

3 comments:

MAMA said...

I AM HOMESICK FOR YOU AND FOR YOU

papa said...

say...mama does blogs, too!

kcross said...

I wish we could be full of delicious spicy cashew chicken together. I also feel homesick. Which is complicated since I'm home. I miss the Cities. And, I so very much miss you.