27 September 2008

le petit prince

So, the tiny, coffee-drinking, french-speaking prince-o-my-heart's name is Pascal.

And today was his birthday, so his papa told me. As an explanation for why he was particularly full of energy, running in and out the front door. I didn't mind all the running around, though, because le petit Pascal has the good manners to run around quietly when he's inside.

He came to ask what the ladles were for while I was doing some dishes, and I told him they were for soup. I told him, "Bon Anniversaire! Happy Birthday!"

To which he replied, "Happy Birthday!"

"What are you going to do for your Birthday?"

"Have presents!"

Later, he came behind the counter while I was making coffee, and asked what the espresso machine was for.

"It's for making coffees like the one your papa was drinking."

"Oh! Well. I'll see you next weekend! 'Bye!"

"Happy Birthday!"

"Happy Birthday! 'Bye!"

Bon anniversaire, mon petit chou!

2 comments:

kt said...

that kid's gonna get beat up as he grows older

Todd said...

you have a crush