12 September 2008

Wedding Bells

I'm going to the first wedding I've been to in 4 years tomorrow afternoon. The only wedding I was invited to that I'm really, truly sad to have missed in all that time was definitely Sara's wedding in Greenville. I'm still regretting not reading at the wedding. Alas, I was trying, unsuccessfully, to save up money to move to NY.

The last wedding (reception) I went to was Emily and Aaron, and I took my friend Steve as my pseudo-date, and he didn't know anyone but me. He got drunk without me noticing and colored me pictures in children's coloring books, and refused, for the most part, to dance. Oh, Steve. I had a good time, I hope you did, too.

Anyway! Now, I have new friends that are getting married! And tonight I will get to hang out at their rehearsal dinner! And tomorrow I will get to don some fun clothes and see two people who are really cool experience a really important ritual together, and see how happy they make each other, and eat food, and see a handsome friend of mine in a handsome rented suit, and dance a lot, and meet new folks.

Yay!

Congratulations!

No comments: