05 February 2009

Food Education

I straightened products in the baking/snack/cereal aisle today, and there are things that I've never, ever noticed, for all of the co-ops I've frequented in my life.

Garbanzo bean flour.
Quinoa flakes.
Hazelnut milk.

I feel like trying everything in every aisle that I've never had before. Even the gross stuff. Just so I know what it's like. So, once I get some money in my wallet, I'm going to enjoy a little food self-educating, and I'll let you know what I try and how I like it.

I think it's going to take me a long time to figure out where everything is, but as far as first days go, this one was pretty good. And I got found a free orange, a free loaf of sunflower bread, a free cookie, and a free Ginger Spice tea bag before I hit the road.

Yum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and it all started with people's grocery cheese cutting saturdays with pops...

Helphands Abroad said...

garbanzo flour:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E05E6D7153FF93AA25753C1A9639C8B63

eat alone or top with roasted veg and roasted tomato and feta or goat cheese. you will never look back.

XOXO
d