09 February 2009

Lesson One



Pacific Natural Foods Hazelnut Milk

I drank some of this at room temperature (serving suggestion is chilled). Slightly chalky, but not as chalky as rice milk. Definitely nutty, a little bit sweet, apparently from a brown rice sweetener. Steamed for a latte, not quite as neutral a canvas for the coffee as soy, but my taste buds are pretty used to soy at this point. Made for a nutty cup of joe.




Michael Angelo's Roasted Chicken Bolognese

The pasta was nicely al dente, and the tomatoes were flavorful. The chicken's texture was a little bit lacking. Not bad as far as frozen pasta dishes go, although I need to remember to put frozen meals in a proper dish if I'm to feel like it's a real meal. Oh, and it was on sale. That makes it taste better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you could get a better review in the Times. Thanks for the insider stuff.

kt said...

I couldn't focus on your review because I was totally preoccupied with the thought of someone milking a hazelnut. Hazel-udders. Ew.

Unknown said...

awww kevin, now that's all that I can think about...