05 July 2006

The Saddest Kind of Irony

Kevin's parents didn't want him to have his Honda Accord in Chicago due to the high crime rate. He didn't want to fly because he wanted to bring his collection of musical instruments with him. So I threw caution to the wind, and went with him to Chicago on Sunday in his car so that he could take his stuff, spent half a day enjoying Dawn's backyard, seeing Millenium park, meeting the infamous marvelous roommate. and overeating, then drove the car back from Illinois by myself in time to make it to work at three yesterday.

I asked if it would be okay if I took the car back tonight, since I had quite a few places I had to be today. I ended up extending that deadline until tomorrow morning.

This evening, SOME FUCKER THREW A ROCK THROUGH KEVIN'S WINDOW in the parking lot of the high school, where I had to be to shoot scenes for Megan's play. Smashed the whole thing. Stole a tiny bag out the backseat. They also stole stuff from the surrounding cars. I had to call Kevin's parents and tell them about this.

"But that was why we had you drive the car back from Chicago."

I'm waiting for the part where I stop feeling like shit and this turns into a bizarre story that I can tell like it happened to someone else. Kevin's parents were nice to me, but angry with him. Kevin told me not be upset, but I wish that he were here to tell me that in person, which he can't because he's in Chicago, which is what started this mess in the first place. DAMN IT ALL.

At least no one got hurt, right?

I'm going to bed.

No comments: