30 September 2006

Mr. Sleepy: Weeks One and Two

So far, I have done all of the following at the OHT:

1. Received a very embarrassing head wound.
2. Re-met Richard. He, of course, shows no signs of recalling the first time that we met. I think that I might be frightened if he did.
3. Painted heads.
4. Bought and schlepped paint, dowels, screws, buckets, luan (which I subsequently scraped my neck on), and large blue mailing tubes.
5. Drank more cups of Mud coffee than I'd like to go into.
6. Successfully maneuvered a jigsaw, a chop saw, drills, an electric sander, and a 3-hole punch.
7. Not so successfully maneuvered poxy, and smelled like it until I changed for work tonight. Sick.
8. Painted heads, built pedestals, drew 1' yellow diamonds on white walls, marked 1/4" stripes on the floor, and hung Christmas lights using an extension ladder (whoa. scary.) and a staple gun.
9. Heard some of loops for this year's show. They made me laugh, even out of context.

Rehearsals start on Tuesday, and I'm excited. It's better than I ever would have expected.

Ha!: There's talk of having some sort of event for the bloggers that hate Richard, where they get discounted tickets and have a talkback moderated by Anne Bogart, who at Bard started an "I Hate Foreman" club, but who subsequently has become friends with him. I think that this is brilliant.

Also: The interns are going to be assigned days to ask Richard questions, and these plus the subsequent responses will be posted on the OHT website. So, if any of you have any questions that desperately need to be answered, please send them my way and I will attempt to work them into the mix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to paint heads for a living....

Anonymous said...

i miss you... you never message me..

love,
p.diddy