07 November 2007

Shame

I just posted a comment on one of my new favorite blogs, and as I was pressing the 'submit' button, realized that not only did I split an infinitive in an atrocious manner, I also changed tense mid-sentence. There's nothing I can do to take it back, my cheeks are burning, and I know, I just know, that the smart kids at Iceland Spar will never love me now.

We are a special breed, we who suffer guilt and shame and general physical discomfort for grammatical mistakes we make on the Internet.

It's been a weird day.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Grammar is so totally last year. Glad to know that I'm not the only who's not all "I can only hand Ira Glass once a month." Bunch of wimps if you ask me.

kt said...

You are indeed a special breed. Borne of hippies and Midwestern intellectuals, it was actually quite prevalent until the Manhattan, KS dam collapse.

We may never know how many of the species were lost that day, most records have been lost due to rampant editing.