26 January 2010

Hey, remember that time we went to thailand?

9 Things About My Trip to Thailand + A Smattering of Photos

1. I ate incredible food at the very least once a day for 10 days.

2. I stayed in a totally legit (and good) hostel, and then a place that called itself a hostel but really would have been a hotel if it hadn't been for 1. no refills on soap and 2. all of the bees I killed nightly. I slept like a log every night in a beautiful big bed, had a private balcony, a small fridge stocked with not-outrageously-priced beverages, and I ate green curry (and eggs shaped like stars and rice shaped like koalas and sausage shaped like octopus) and drank the best pina coladas of my life at their outdoor restaurant seating. The owner was beautiful and gracious and helpful and I would live there with her if she would hire me.

3. Medical conditions abounded amongst, well, two of us. Luckily, health services were helpful and affordable. Thanks, Thailand!

4. I got to spend time with my best friend since forever, reading books, drinking sake. If I could have more of that right now, sign me up.

5. I went skinny dipping. For the first time ever. In the ocean. On the full moon. It was, in fact, TOTALLY MAGICAL.

6. We let lanterns go, holding our hopes and dreams for the coming year. I am hopeful. I am full of dreams. I tried to keep things simple.

7. Lanta was so beautiful we stayed several extra days instead of heading to Bangkok, thanks to the skillful and gracious maneuvering of my travel agent.

8. I took a lot of pictures of drinks, because they were awesome.

9. Go to the Elephant to escape the sun and eat green curry. Go to Bambi's to listen to music and enjoy the most charming atmosphere on the beach.




Thank you, Ko Lanta, for being even more than we'd hoped for.

2 comments:

pops said...

mmmmmm....

Kearsten Cross said...

I can't think of a better use for that camera. Good lord I miss you. And Chris. Tell that skinny bastard I said so.
((((HUG))))