10 January 2010

Happy New

So, I have some lovely pictures of my amazing vacation in Thailand. They are mostly of drinks and food, as you might guess. However, before I go about posting an assortment, I want to steal some photos from others on the adventure to add to the mix. Then I'll probably set 'em to some music and make it a total experience.

Deadline on that particular project is the end of the week, after I reread Hamlet and Macbeth, organize the mailing list for Savage Umbrella, send pictures to Jeremy, and hang up the clothes that are in a pile on the floor. End of the week, I should dare to hope.

Until then, please know that on Friday I got a haircut from a Korean guy named Kevin, who was awesome. At some point while cutting he made reference to the dye in my hair, and I told him I knew I should take care of it soon.

"Sad color," Kevin said, pointing to my roots. "This is ... sad color."

Yeah, I'm right there with ya, buddy.

So, I got him to dye my hair on Saturday morning when they opened the shop. I read Korean fashion magazines and drank coffee while he got this mane under control, and got the best head massage, complete with Kelp Treatment, that I've ever had in my whole life.

He told me to come back in 2 months, but I may be back there sooner for the sheer joy of the experience. Anyone else needing their hairs done in Korea, I'll give you Kevin's number. Completely worth the totally reasonable price.



Happy 2010. Things are shaping up.

(P.S. I thought Sherlock Holmes was going to be good, and then it was AWESOME. Best solo date I've been on in AGES. I think I saw Snatch for the first time on a solo date, back in 2000. Meant to be.)

4 comments:

Chaskewy said...

You are on vacation! You crazy woman. But you're not really in a foreign country, are you...

Tink said...

I have a "sad" color, too... Must find a way to pay to visit Kevin, although I suspect flights to S.E. Asia are a bit out of my price range for a cut & color.... :-(

kt said...

you look pretty.

Helphands Abroad said...

Gorgeous.