09 November 2005

if found, please return to: home away from home

Just over a month after my return from the North Star State, I will again pursue a whirlwind adventure, this time with different company and a slightly more reliable car. Atch is looking at MCAD, where they wish to make her an honest to God I-paint-for-a-living artist, and I have been invited to be her driver/navigator the weekend before Thanksgiving. Thank the Lord, and apparently, screw Theatre In Western Civ. (Research paper on Euripedes and Chuck Mee? Oh, I'll get it done.)

If this summer's trip to the mountains can be referenced as evidence, we are perfect road trip buddies. We need pee breaks at the same time, neither of us feels too weird if the other starts to cry, whether it be due to stress or to nothing at all, and we both like to eat a lot of cheese. We get to drive the family Ford Focus (the make and model of which, by the way, definitely made an appearance as a Minnesota roadtrip vehicle in a series of abandonment dreams circa Fall 2004, though belonging to another owner entirely) and we have extremely complimentary music tastes. If I'm lucky, she'll draw pictures of me while I'm driving and singing along to the stereo, and really, what more could I possibly ask for?

This time around, I'm thinking of actually getting in touch with my friends in the Cities before I go, so that perhaps I might actually see them. Otherwise, I'll just wander around town as per usual, and no doubt will have a blast (and probably catch a cold).

Anyway, I'm taking a camera this time, and if anything exciting/unseemly happens, or there are any more dogs in costumes, I will have a record, goddamit.

No comments: