28 January 2007

Blind Travels

I walked to return a video/ rent some bad TV at Reel Life, about a 20 minute walk from my house, since I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow until 6 (I have a few of these kind of days coming up, and plan to balance useful and useless activities. So far, useful: laundry, useless: Nip/Tuck. If you have any papers you'd like me to edit or liturature you think I ought to drink in, please help me add them to the "useful" category.), and I had to walk most of the way there by memory because my glasses were coated in snow. That's right, we're finally having some winter weather here in NYC, a fact by which I was initially perturbed, as my coat was breaking and I couldn't keep track of my gloves, but with this incredibly beautiful snowfall, all I could think as I was walking was, "I. Fucking. Love. Snow." Bring it on, Winter. I'm going to buy a hat, and then I'll be fucking READY.

I'm waiting for my asparagus to finish cooking, which I am having with baby carrots for a late dinner, proud to be at the end of day 7 of my liver reconfiguration.

(Yet I am dreaming, once again, of banana pancakes.)

No comments: