16 January 2007

Buildings and Bridges

We closed wicked fast tonight, and I was out the door by 1:15. I took this, and the extremely mild weather of the wee hours, as a sign that I should walk home. Perhaps not the safest idea, but what the hey, you only live once, etc.

Half way across the Williamsburg bridge, right when I was over the river, I realized that literally no one else was on the whole foot bridge, going either direction. I only saw three cyclists the whole half hour I spent walking the bridge. I took this as another sign: that I should start singing very loudly along with my music. I didn't stop until I was a block away from my house.

I hope to remember this evening most of all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diagnosis:
Dream. You seem to be suffering from random fantasy activity saturating all of the reality cells in your cerebral veritex. Treatment unknown: if symptoms persist or impair regular function consult a local physician.
-the doctor

Anonymous said...

USEFUL: The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath,
USELESS: Check your mailbox.

-the doctor