14 November 2008

Making Up

Challenge, Day 11

!

I had big plans to post when I got off work yesterday, but then I ran errands and put squash in the oven, grated cheese and ate pasta and went to rehearsal and then rehearsed some more, watched some hockey highlights, then fell into bed.

All of which is great, but none of which is posting on my blog.

So. At least twice today as penance, okay?

***

Last night, and the night before, we had a rehearsal after rehearsal, and I was transported back to the days of yore when it was common practice to rehearse a show from 7-10 and then start the next rehearsal at 10:15, to continue until everyone fell down from exhaustion

That brings a few gems of college rehearsing to mind (lesson: why it's not safe to be too tired):


1. Watching TBuch try to demonstrate a Fireman's Carry, only to be foiled by the man on her back. Watching her face hit the ground. Catching her blood in my hands, trying not to let it get on the new dance floor in the rehearsal room. (Dr. Faustus, 2002)

2. Seeing Kevin get kicked in the head by Peter AND Flinn pass out from lack of oxygen in the same rehearsal. (Ugly Duckling, 2003)

3. Hitting my head on the ground so hard during a movement warm-up that I gave myself whip-lash. (There Is No More Firmament, 2005)


Oh, for real. Let's all try to be a little bit more careful, shall we?

-b.concussed.b

P.S. Mmmm. I want a bed, an electric blanket, a sleep mask, and two days to spend with said items.


Mmmm, I wish I was under an electric blanket, with a sleep mask on

1 comment:

Helphands Abroad said...

Dear, I am enjoying your challenge.
Here's a tip: go to this show.

A.A. Bondy
Nov 14 2008 8:00P
400 Bar w/The Heartless Bastards

Loves,
Dawn