22 November 2008

You never knew why you felt so good in the strangest of places...

There is a gorgeous light dusting of snow on the ground this morning, and my roommate made me an egg sandwich.

Which put me in a good mood as I left the house at 7:30 for work.

Which is good, since I stayed up too late last night playing Rock Band and drinking champagne. Also, when I walked in the door of the cafe, the espresso machine was clogged and leaking everywhere, and there was a flood on the floor from some mysterious source.

The floor is now mopped and dry and smelling vaguely of lavender, I got the machine to stop leaking (at least so horribly), all of the opening chores are finally done, and soon I'll have my second cup of coffee and decide to really be awake.

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that my snow- and egg-infused good cheer is kicking the butt of this lame day. So there.

-b-funk


P.S. Dude. San Pellegrino Limonata is delicious.


P.P.S. This totally rad lady comes in every few days for an iced honey americano. She and her husband have different favorite coffeeshops, and rather than switching off where the go, or debating the merits of one over they other, they just go to both.

Every time. No questions asked. She gets a honey americano at Janine's, he gets a medium cup of dark roast with skim milk and one equal from Java Jay's. And they're happy as clams to do it that way.

I think that is awesome.


P.P.P.S. Pascal said of his yogurt today, "This is going to taste me good!"

Which, apparently, is perfect grammar, if you're speaking German.

1 comment:

Au said...

I tried Limonata first, but I like Aranciata better. Inane, but true.